Goya Air Bolt

Foiling related talk in here
Sailrepair
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 91 times

Goya Air Bolt

Post by Sailrepair » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:20 pm

I thought this looked quite interesting - https://goyawindsurfing.com/boards/y2021/airbolt-pro/

Rather than the traditional foil box being far back it is further forward and so are the footstraps to match. The mast track is then moved back meaning that you, the front wing and the rig are prity much close together in the middle of the board. Will it work? who knows but curiosity has made me order one. They are coming into the UK in October.

grantmac
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Goya Air Bolt

Post by grantmac » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Probably work well with a SUP foil for all disciplines when using the tracks and a Windfoil using the Tuttle box.

ronnie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by ronnie » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:29 am

It's certainly a very different board. The sail range sizes they specify are also quite large on the top end.

grantmac
Been liked: 6 times

Post by grantmac » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:58 pm

They are similar sail sizes to the FoilX at similar widths.

Having run a 7.2 on a narrow tailed 72cm board I can say it's not a brilliant match.

Smidge
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Smidge » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:41 am

Interesting. Footstrap to mast track and foil box position to tail have similarities to my hypernut 4 in 1 (which sails very nicely once aloft on slingshot). Albeit rear strap and rocker are obviously totally different.

Now that 3 of us are foiling in the family Im thinking about a new foil board with enough volume to easily uphaul and slog in fresh water (so probably 135l +) and twin tracks, at a sensible price (so not slingshot). At moment the Fanatic one is top of list, but this looks interesting too (big one might be too big though). One thing i have noticed out here in Vass is that the inboard front straps on the gecko foil look in a similar position to those on slingshot boards and make gybing and wave sailing style sharp S curve rail to railing far far easier. Doesnt look like the Goya has that.

Sailrepair
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Sailrepair » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:35 pm

I notice that the graphic of the board shows the strap positions in different places to the actual photo of the board.