sat 11th Jan

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
DavidA
Been liked: 15 times

sat 11th Jan

Post by DavidA » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:45 pm

First sail for me of 2020 a SSW so had to go to South Milton but 5.3m weather and relatively warm.

Jeff
Been liked: 3 times

Re: sat 11th Jan

Post by Jeff » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:13 pm

Fairly breezy here in Hove but v onshore SSW so went 5.3. for plenty of power. Getting over some kind of cold/manflu so that blew the cobwebs away nicely. Just enough space between the waves for jumps and general hooning.

Sun tried to breakthrough at times and sailed until just after sunset.

BillG
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by BillG » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:58 pm

3rd time lucky, a good sail in 2020. Got to Avon early, rigged 4.7 & Moo 66L, no faffing about as I had to leave by 2. Nicely powered up, enough to cope with the usual inshore currents and lulls and some small waves to ride DTL. Enjoying myself and didn't fall in for about 20 minutes where upon I discovered I hadn't done my front zip up fully and suffered a full flush through :o .

Positively crowded with Bubble doing loads of impressive loops and several people getting good wave rides. Even more photographers than usual.

Definitely a 4 on the Skunkatron!

TwoFish
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by TwoFish » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Got my timings wrong and got to West Wittering an hour or two too late (doh!) Was cursing my stupidity as I blasted up and down Satan's lagoon in the remaining foot of water, trying to decide whether to walk the board over the outer sand bar into the distant sea. I don't much like doing that on a grey winter's day when there are few others around. I went for it though and then decided to sail a long broad reach eastward in search of better conditions.

And I found them, down where the upper Joliffian peoples were sailing. Long, waist to head high waves with lovely smooth water in between. It was very onshore and I was anyway towards overpowered on a 5.9, so wasn't making good turns and going front side wasn't an option. Good fun nevertheless, albeit navigation was somewhat hindered by a pestilence of danglers. Maybe a dozen sailors out, not counting those engaged in unnatural practices that offendeth the sea gods.

Charlie W
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by Charlie W » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Not a 4 for me at Avon as went out on the drop (1 'till 3) with a rapidly decreasing wave. But only had low expectations so still worth a 3 after the correct change up to 5.3. 'Cors should've been at classic dtl Gwithian :oops:

deckchair
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by deckchair » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:03 pm

warm and windy . one crazy pole on a 7m zooming about . i was foiling on 4.7 and warp speed 65 . so close to an flying air gybe i could taste it. :D :D :D :D :D :D