Wednesday 20th November

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
BillG
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Wednesday 20th November

Post by BillG » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Superb 3 hours at Hayling today (not often people say that!). Hayling is great in a South Easterly over low tide, you should give it a go if you've not been. The waves curve in to the V shape between the beach and the sand bar with loads of flat water in between, you can jump on port tack on the way out and on starboard on the way in. It's backside wave riding but you can occasionally go frontside depending on the wave and you can gybe on a wave at each end into flat water, really easy sailing (I didn't fall in for over 2 hours).

4.7 Taka 2 and Moo 66 was perfect again and the only problem, it was f@@king cold!

Possibly the same again tomorrow, Friday, Saturday??

Charlie W
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Wednesday 20th November

Post by Charlie W » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:51 pm

All-time day at KBay Ledges with ~2m@18s & 5.3 side/side off SE'ly. Got super clean & mast high. Only downer was my 3 batten getting done again heading out on a massive set just as i was about to finish. Should've quit before the leg cramps set in! About 8 others out incl. Timo from amazing Gwithian day before & smashing out the wave 360s.

Pad IoW
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Pad IoW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 pm

SW coast of the IoW lit up with the swell, & solid SE wind (why so rare?)
Chillerton looked a bit messy. Brook was big, & bumpy on the outside, cleaning up as you got nearer the beach. While Compton was heavy, surfers getting barreled while I watched.

No windsurfers went out, bit of a shame.

BillG
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by BillG » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am

Must get to K Bay sometime, been there twice to find no wind, forecast all wrong!