Thurs 10 October 2019

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
rod
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 66 times

Thurs 10 October 2019

Post by rod » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Having missed the wind and good conditions in S Wales over the last two days partly from suffering from a cold I was determined to get out today despite not being 100%.

It was one of those sessions that all came together. Perfect swell and wind on the offshore reef at Newton in Porthcawl. First run out, with full power on a 5.2 I launched off a head high ramp and stuck a perfect backie. From then on it was all good with some fully powered up jumps, forwards and another very close but not quite backie.

Tomorrow looks even better.

DaveMac
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Thurs 10 October 2019

Post by DaveMac » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Carats/Hotpipes from 2.30 to 5. Maybe 10 -12 sailors out during that time. At least I wasn't steadily changing kit every five minutes, this time the Supermini 94 with a 5.3 was good throughout in a grey SW afternoon with low tide around 4.15. Lots of ramps and some very decent sized waves but pretty messy too. Most of my "wave riding" was a bit dismal, had a new form of rinsing as I prepared to drop down my wave of the day.... spun out, descended backwards and the wave broke all over me. Nothing bad happened but typical of things not quite working out. A little soul destroying when you see others shredding in style, .... one day I hope....
Needed sunshine and more energy, only gets a 3.8 on the skunkatron. Quite pleased with some of the jumps though. Looking forward to a quiet weekend off. Enjoy tomorrow those of you that can.
Forgot to mention the real chill in the air, my summersuit was not enough, had to come in and put a liner on underneath. Definitely autmnal.

Arf
Site Admin
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by Arf » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Awesome Rod - what’s your back loop count up to now?
I remember you saying they were elusive for you a while back, just interested as I just always seem to fall out the sky side-first no matter what I try do differently.

Drove to Wolverhampton and back today, wish it was Wales, probably a shorter drive to Wales as well.

rod
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by rod » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:17 am

Arf wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:36 pm
Awesome Rod - what’s your back loop count up to now?
About 4, ever. :o So very elusive. Monkeys randomly typing would produce Shakespeare sooner...