4th September

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
DaveMac
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 33 times

4th September

Post by DaveMac » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Lovely sunshine session off Marrocco's Hove, 2-4pm. As the time came to load the car I thought, it's not that windy, no need for anything smaller than my 6.1, and I threw in my F2 Xantos 135l and a 7.2m for good measure as well as my 106 FSW. Got to the beach and by the time I launched the wind had really ramped up and I was stacked. But the wind was swinging around, going a bit off shore and pretty up and down. On average my kit worked out and I had a really enjoyable sail. Sea state wind blown swell really close together but it felt so different hitting it at 90 degrees. Wind WNW made the whole experience special, nothing classic about it but memorable. Happy days. The Blue month September (unusual Bowie Song)....Remembering Marie A......wife and I love days like these in September

BillG
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: 4th September

Post by BillG » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Usually when I come back from Tiree I find sailing in shingleshire pretty depressing but today at Bracklesham was pretty good. Wind was cross shore 4.7 for me and sunny with wind blown waves so a bit close together as Dave says. Some fun jumping and short rides on the way in, I had a enjoyable 3 hours from 11.
Looks like a bit more wind coming up over the next week.

Charlie W
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Charlie W » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:33 pm

KBay Ledges 10 'till 4.30. Sunny, wnw x'shore as per. Ended up mostly powered up on 5.3/95, although 1st hour was getting a bit too undercooked way down at Supertubes & dreading a hellfire barefoot walk of shame.

Luckily it soon picked up as Captain Martin entered the arena (5.3/103). 3-4ft waves were better at lower tide start, pettering off at high. Then got better again on the drop but still nothing Stella.

Smashing sail with about 9 others including Jas, Neil & Phil.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190904-164158_Video Player.jpg
Last edited by Charlie W on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radialhead
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Radialhead » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Bramble Bush Bay, first time out since breaking my nose at Portland a couple of weeks ago (& bleeding all over my brand new Super Ride :-( ). 106 FSW with bagged out 5.5 for most of the afternoon, then changed to the 124 Super Ride for a while to see how it behaved in pretty lumpy swell. It took it in its stride as expected. I think it's become my favourite ever board.
"DICTIONARIES have admitted defeat and announced that from now on ‘lose’ will be spelt ‘loose’.

The move follows the apparent inability of the entire English-speaking world to spell a simple four-letter word correctly" - The Daily Mash

rod
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by rod » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Fantastic sail on my local reef / point break in S wales. 4.5m /90 and super stacked at times. 1-5pm

Slightly cross off wind grooming the waves beautifully. Full power dtl fun.
Easy sailing with the tide taking you back upwind for the full waveriding conveyor belt experience.

Not a lot of jumping though (point break). But a pretty special day nonetheless.

By 5pm it was super crowded with surfers so packed up.

I nearly went to kbay but thought the wind and wave forecast didn't look as good. Sounds like it was ok though. Maybe Friday.

PhilN
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Post by PhilN » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:05 pm

Radialhead wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 pm
Bramble Bush Bay, first time out since breaking my nose at Portland a couple of weeks ago (& bleeding all over my brand new Super Ride :-( ). 106 FSW with bagged out 5.5 for most of the afternoon, then changed to the 124 Super Ride for a while to see how it behaved in pretty lumpy swell. It took it in its stride as expected. I think it's become my favourite ever board.
Its definitely windier at the east end of the harbour in a WNW/NW than at Hamworthy Park, where I sailed. Too much eel grass weed at Evening Hill so I sailed at HP across the channel. Slow incoming tide against the wind made for nice orderly lines of chop, I was expecting it to be horror chop. 6.5m & 110l/67cm freerace and spells of maxed out or just about planing. Sufficient westerly amount in the wind most of the time to sail all the way into the beach, in a proper NW there is a massive wind shadow off the beach.
20190904 GPS.jpg