Sunday 11 August

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
Hazzabee
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 69 times

Sunday 11 August

Post by Hazzabee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Back to normality after yesterday's epic fail. Checked out first late morning a wavey but not particularly windy, deserted and too onshore SSW at the time Hove so onwards to Shoreham. This was pretty much flat as expected but the much easier van to beach access, usual good Shoreham vibe and reacquainting with plenty of familiar faces including one I'd not seen for 3 years more than compensated. A classic example today of a session rescued by the power of the loop. Sailed away from a first run first ramp forward and in spite of the flatness total rotation count approached double figures including one landed nicely at the end. 5.2/90L seemed a tad large at first but turned out spot on in gusty conditions, and allowed easy planing off the beach through the neap tide rip to hit whatever ramps were available close in. Good times.

DaveMac
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Sunday 11 August

Post by DaveMac » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Yep. Very much more normal. 6m and the Quatro at first at Shoreham, then switched to the 106. Sailed over low tide, a few ramps and it cleaned up on the inside later on. A good work out but not quite the adrenalin of yesterday. How sociable though! The reason I went to Shoreham. Counted nearly 30 sails on the water at once, so at least 40 windsurfers. Looking upwind to Lancing there must have been double that in kites. A windy Sunday in the Summer.

BillG
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by BillG » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Balephetrish Tiree. Northerly, much better than yesterday mainly because I had the right sail - 4.7 and my Moo 66L was perfect. I even managed to get some front side turns on the swells out in the bay. Knackered now after 3 days in a row!

DaveMac
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by DaveMac » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Damn! The more you have the more you want! Pretty sure it's another golden hour in Hove right now. B*gg*r. Hope someone's enjoying it! :roll: