11 July

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
rod
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 66 times

11 July

Post by rod » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:54 pm

Quite a breeze in S Wales. Not enough for 5.8 / 100L but had more fun flying around on the foil board and I'm starting to get properly comfortable now. In the harness all of the time too.
I'm also getting good at uphauling! (there was rarely enough wind to waterstart today).

Lots of foiling gybe attempts (so close).

It is so fantastic to be short board sailing in a f3.

Stev-0
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 11 July

Post by Stev-0 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Great to see The Blue Helmet flying! Very different sensation and very addictive. I have doing all forms of foiling down here wind/SUP/Wake and even got into the race foiling scene. Also been trying DTL wind wave foiling in x-offshore winds and small rolling swell which feels amazing as you can do S-turns on rolling swells for 100s of meters - using big kit in light winds but it is weightless and the foil is so responsive you feel like riding a tiny waveboard!

Arf
Site Admin
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: 11 July

Post by Arf » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Stev-0 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Great to see The Blue Helmet flying! Very different sensation and very addictive. I have doing all forms of foiling down here wind/SUP/Wake and even got into the race foiling scene. Also been trying DTL wind wave foiling in x-offshore winds and small rolling swell which feels amazing as you can do S-turns on rolling swells for 100s of meters - using big kit in light winds but it is weightless and the foil is so responsive you feel like riding a tiny waveboard!
Hi Stev-O, tell me something.. do you ever bump into an older fella from South Africa called Courteney while sailing or surfing? He lives near Whitianga as far as I know, I spent most of my formative years in the Cape Town waters with him. Not sure he still sails but definitely surfs still.