Angry from Hertfordshire.

Chat about stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories here.
Distinctly Average
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 9 times

Angry from Hertfordshire.

Post by Distinctly Average » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Today I received a letter from my lease company. Not an ordinary, friendly letter, but notification of a penalty charge. The charge in question was for supposedly parking in my local Tesco for 7hrs and 35 mins. That day I visited the store in the morning to fill up with petrol. I visited at 8:36 according to my company fuel card statement. Yet the buggers have me going in at 9:38 so they cannot even get the start time right.

I then left, drove to work and parked there. After a few hours I drove to one of our other sites to do some IT stuff. I and my colleague only stayed there for a couple of hours as the snow started to get heavy headed for home. On the way home I dropped into Tesco to get some milk, over 7 hours since my previous visit. Yet the buggers only seem to have this down as one visit.

So should I pay the fine plus the charge my car lease company make for passing on the paperwork. Or should I fight it? Both work sites I visited have video evidence of my car during the alleged times but due to GDPR getting copies is not going to be easy. My fuel card statement proves the charge notice is wrong for a start. I can also get colleagues to write statements for me saying I was at work with my car. Will this be enough? I have never had a notice before so don’t know how it works. Really am miffed and very sweary at the moment as a result.

Jamesblonde
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Angry from Hertfordshire.

Post by Jamesblonde » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Quite easy, fight it. Don't be a door matt

Distinctly Average

Post by Distinctly Average » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 pm

I think you are right James. It is not the money, the fine us under £100. It has made me really grumpy and for that I have to do something. Due to the nature of the location where I work, getting video footage may prove difficult. Hopefully written letters from my colleagues stating I was there with my car will be enough e diencephalic should this go the distance.

DaveMac
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by DaveMac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Distinctly Average wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:23 pm
Yet the buggers only seem to have this down as one visit.

Really am miffed and very sweary at the moment as a result.
Hi DA
Saw a piece on the local news in the South East where taxi drivers are getting PCNs due to cameras clocking them enter a station in the morning, not registering them leaving, and then on a later drop off at the station recording them leaving then and getting the PCN.......So very similar situation. The camera/computer technology combined with a mind set to sting people and scare them with legal threats. Its a complete pain for you but you are obviously in the right if you want to go through the hassle of proving it. I had a different battle with my PCN at Camber (if you look at the section on Locations). However I paid up as I had contravened their rules (if you could read them in the rain). Yours is blatant scam from what I understand. My google search lead me to the Money saving expert website (Martyn Lewis) forum where there is a whole section on challenging PCNs. I think you should challenge it and it should be in your favour, and not be too difficult......but it is a complete pain and a horrible feeling. And such a watste of time. Sweary is being pretty controlled about these ****** who don't care about whether they are right or wrong, they have a big stick and like waving it.
Hope that helps :D

DaveMac

Post by DaveMac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Carrying on......To start with you have some proof already the PCN is wrong. I wouldn't start spending money to get more evidence until you have seen how they react to that. They must issue so many wrong PCNs
But read the Money saving expert website thread, they are very clear you have nothing to fear.....
Good luck

Distinctly Average

Post by Distinctly Average » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Thanks. Everyone seems to be saying the same. I responded to the PCN but didn’t provide much info or evidence in my knee jerk reaction. I now have to work out how to add some more evidence. I know 100% I have done nothing wrong bar shopping at the bloody place in the first place. Just wish I could get the whole thing out of my mind.

DaveMac

Post by DaveMac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Part of the problem for me was I got the PCN quite a long time after the event, by which time little bits of evidence, like the receipts from shops are lost/chucked away. They are complete *****. Very wary of cameras in parking situations now. Its no good keeping an eye out for parking wardens if the whole process is automated.
Cheers
Going to go and calm down now!

TwoFish
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by TwoFish » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am

Worth checking with Tesco to see if they have a 'fast track' route to cancel charges, circumventing the appeal process?

If you are forced to contest the parking charge notice, also consider a counter-claim, making it clear early on that you consider them liable for your time, the leasing co's charge and for nuisance and distress caused.

crossy5575
Been liked: 1 time

Post by crossy5575 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Does your work car park have cctv? - we are experiencing a similar situation at the drop off car park at Clapham Junction, where they are clocking people in for the kids drop off in the morning, and them exiting at 4pm... needless to say they are charging hoping that some people will pay, as easier than fighting. Anyway - sent a screen shot of being parked outside my house, rather than in the car park and they dismissed it.
Also ask for proof - the moment you put the burden on them they seem less interested. If they cant prove when you entered and when you left, you dont have to pay! This was the 2nd ticket - they couldnt prove when i entered thus cancelled it.

TOTD
Been liked: 23 times

Post by TOTD » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Owl
K4 4Boards Tri Sails,and Chocolate Chip cookies
Ibuprofen, Irish Whiskey