North Carolina , May, cottage to stay

Chat about stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories here.
TOTD
Been liked: 23 times

North Carolina , May, cottage to stay

Post by TOTD » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Very long shot, but...
I have a cottage rental with room availability May 11–18. A week Earlier or portion may be a possibility.
It’s in the OuterBanks of North Carolina, on a string of islands, south of Kitty Hawk, Wilber ,Orville Wright fame. The area is a national seashore . Sailing from the cottage is sound side, with world famous Canadian Hole 8 miles away. Ocean sailing in many areas. 2 nearby shops rent gear.
Nearest airport is Norfolk, Virginia, about 2hours Away , unless you have your own smallish jet, then Billy Mitchell Field, nearby 10 mile.
This is a wonderful area, with Hatteras lighthouse, a small British graveyard from WWII. A world class museum, Graveyard of the Atlantic. Contains a Enigma. The area is strewn with ship wrecks, pirate tales.
Cost is for room , $300 USD contributing to food , malty adult beverages is optional. Very little nightlife, 1 fast food , Subway, otherwise to dine out its local, the fish and fishing are great.

Ideal would be rent a car in Norfolk and drive with your own transport, pickup a possibility. So long as you like Ferrari cleverly disguised as a Chrysler Town And Country.

The shops are very good with rentals. Surfing is very good. Location is Technically Frisco , North Carolina, Buxton is border.
Cottage is on a almost private lane, turning from Route 12, to Paradise, then Utopia.

THIS is a genuine offer. I would assist aside from flights for anything else.
Wind in not guaranteed, but normally 5.0 and below. The cottage sits in bay that is really good sailing on North West to NorthEast winds, other wind Southeast is the other common direction , means travel to nearby spot.

After a few days here , you feel the world slip away.
Questions here or private message me.
Cheers.
K4 4Boards Tri Sails,and Chocolate Chip cookies
Ibuprofen, Irish Whiskey

Lostboy
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: North Carolina , May, cottage to stay

Post by Lostboy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:30 am

That's an epic offer. Very tempted as it's part of the Atlantic coast I've not done but heard a LOT about.

TOTD

Post by TOTD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:30 pm

It’s a gorgeous area, filled with history from Kitty Hawk, and WWII , ships being torpedoed. When the US entered , the Brits came to show how to patrol offshore , they lost 2ships, HMT Bedfordshire and San Delfino, a ceremony is conducted yearly in May, at the British Cemetary on Hatteras and Ocracoke .Quite impressive with drums and bagpipes.

The sailing is great, the soundside offers shallow water, ideal for learning.The ocean at times is brutal.

The maximum width is around 2miles, a very delicate , and wild horses, called Banks.
Ibuprofen, Irish Whiskey

TOTD

Post by TOTD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:22 pm

This is still available, the cost for a week has been recalculated to £175.00
I should disclose that the Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Team, is doing a photo shoot
Ibuprofen, Irish Whiskey

TOTD

Post by TOTD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm

This probably won’t happen this year, due to heath issues.
Maybe Hood River in July.
Ibuprofen, Irish Whiskey