Roof rack for VW T6

All vehicle related talk in here please.
copek

Roof rack for VW T6

Post by copek »

Hello,

Has any fitted a roof rails + cross bars style rack on a VW Transporter? Something like these ...

https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/black-ro ... -5360.html
https://www.van-tech.co.uk/product/vw-t ... ross-bars/

I want to go with this style to minmise height (and they look better ...), but not sure how sturdy they are.
They are load rated 40kg & 75kg respectively which is enought for a couple boards - would only use them when the van is full of camping gear so not often. Long journeys though.

The 2nd one states "As they are predominantly a styling accessory, we recommend not carrying a load greater than 40kg - but that should be enough for getting your surfboard to the beach!" which doesn't fill me with confidence ...

Cheers!
WetSoot
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Roof rack for VW T6

Post by WetSoot »

I bought a set off them, that I have bolted to a pop top instead of using van roof fixings

they’re well enough made, that i’d not be too concerned. I keep the load light, as I don’t trust the pop top securings, rather than the roof rack, but i’ve driven down from the east mids to Dorset with two boards on the roof without an issue.
39205ADE-11A2-4F27-AA8F-24EBCC285F4D.jpeg
I did however, keep a quiver bag inside, as they can get really heavy!
copek

Post by copek »

Ahh nice one, cheers for the speedy reply. Good to know. The Vantech ones? Assuming they are not identical anyway ...
WetSoot
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WetSoot »

I got mine from Vanstyle….but they look identical
copek

Post by copek »

Cheers. Reckon you're right.