Tryed but didn't get on with it

Chat about stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories here.
Smidge
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Tryed but didn't get on with it

Post by Smidge » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:11 pm

BTB wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm
Rhossy is where I do most of my sailing and like many beeches around the north west and north wales it is very tidal and has rocks that would eat a foil. Even if i had the time and money to invest in foiling I think the logistics of needing deep water make it very difficult. If anything I have been looking for spots closer to home where most beaches have a massive tidal range.

The other issue is that I dont get enough TOW to be decent at windsurfinng due to a standard hectic family life and living 2 hours away from the beach makes it a no go most weekends - i'm in a constant state of being rusty. Add foiling to that and I will just be bad at both.
I relate to all that, but have you considered reservoirs for foiling? They can be great for foiling and if there is one closer to you then you can get out foiling even when you only have a few hours free rather than a whole day. Much lower wind needed, and deep water make them ideal for foiling.

rod
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Tryed but didn't get on with it

Post by rod » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm

I've done this a lot this summer. Before June I had never sailed on inland water (if you don't include portland harbour). And thought I never would, and that I would probably give up windsurfing if I was ever in a situation where that was the only option.

Then wind foiling came along and it all changed. The flat water and gusty light wind actually makes wind foiling more enjoyable. Highly recommended! (I still wouldn't regular windsurf on a reservoir)