Hyundai i800

All vehicle related talk in here please.
Max
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Hyundai i800

Post by Max » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:55 pm

well these seem to be like rocking horse Poo both local to me got sold last night so a wasted trip :oops:

and no car !!!!!!

Max

Post by Max » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:34 am

the story continues

fixed my Kia i found 3 rubber return pipes from the injectors had splits in whch was leaking diesel all over the engine quite a lot and letting air into the fuel system fixed these and its going like a rocket at the moment and it does not cut out anymore and will idle all day

so saved a lot of money i didn't really want to spend or borrow :D

Max

Post by Max » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 pm

well the kia Sedona has finally died a glorious death on the M6 that lead to a 7 hr recovery home after a 12 hour night shift which was not ideal !

so now on the lookout for a new motor that i can use for windsurfing and commuting 110 mile round trip

everything seems to be out of my price range :?

DavidA
Been liked: 11 times

Post by DavidA » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Maybe a trusty old estate car would do the job, passat, audi A6, volvo all seem to be reliable and go on forever.

Arf
Site Admin
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Arf » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Look out for 2003 or younger cars with 2.0 HDI engines, it’s a great engine, real economical and there are a range of body styles, smaller estates and Berlingos and so on.

Wife has 2.0 HDI Peugeot 206, it drives great.

Farnorthsurfer
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Farnorthsurfer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:30 pm

Just moved out of a Ford Tourneo Connect and into a VW T6 which in some ways is not as good as the smaller Ford van for windsurfing.
The front passenger seat in the Ford folds forward to make a table and the rear seats fold with the 60% split on the left hand side. This means you can get three boards 6 sails masts etc in it with two people in tandem. The earlier version squarer and pre 2014 will take two wave FSW type board inside in the roof above your head and sails in the back with three people as well.
Good economy and cheap spares and servicing but look out for the rust. Also look out for ex taxis but this is same for all the van derivatives

Max

Post by Max » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:24 pm

looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a Hyndai i800 been looking and they tick all the boxes for us as a family

will take the back row of seat out to make a massive load space maybe even do the odd overnight in it at Rhossy (permission may be hard to get for this :) )

now auto or manual ? (I do like auto's to drive ) 2011 ok or go newer ? and try and get one with cruise control ?

Arf how does your kit sit in do you have all the seats still in and do the rear seats fold down or are they fixed up permanently

i would like to fit mountain bikes in with wheels still on it looks big enough to do this ?

Arf
Site Admin
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Arf » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:42 pm

Max wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:24 pm
looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a Hyndai i800 been looking and they tick all the boxes for us as a family

will take the back row of seat out to make a massive load space maybe even do the odd overnight in it at Rhossy (permission may be hard to get for this :) )

now auto or manual ? (I do like auto's to drive ) 2011 ok or go newer ? and try and get one with cruise control ?

Arf how does your kit sit in do you have all the seats still in and do the rear seats fold down or are they fixed up permanently

i would like to fit mountain bikes in with wheels still on it looks big enough to do this ?
Hi Max,
Bad news.. for me. Yesterday I broke down, a bearing inside the engine ate itself. Not sure what this is going to cost to fix, i’ll probably have to do it myself but that’s hard with no garage.

I would advise 6 speed manual for economy and a great drive, I never use cruise control and I don’t know if it’s an option, unless the previous owner fitted it.

I’ve not put bikes in mine but if they don’t fit in this, they won’t fit in anything!

Windsurf gear: the seats don’t fold flat but you can mod them so they do, but of a pain but worth it. I made a coffin box that sits on top of the two small seats folded down flat. Then I needed a dog crate in there too, so took out rearmost seat, picture below.

Max

Post by Max » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:25 am

Well thats a bummer on the engine fault Arf

Hope you gey it fixed soon and at a small cost

Still looking for one but as usual the moment i need one there is a distinct lack of one's for sale !

Will probably go for a manual one and take out the back row of seats for the extra load space

Max

Post by Max » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:58 am

Hows it going on the car fixed yet Arf ?

what was the issue ?

Max