Icaraizinho, Brazil (in october)

Going somewhere exotic? Discuss in here..
gasppol
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Icaraizinho, Brazil (in october)

Post by gasppol » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm going to Icaraizinho from october 2th to 19th. For those who does not know Icaraizinho is "Jeri ten years ago". It is my first time there after four Jericoacoara trips through the years.

Anyone have some tips or experience there?
My big doubt is what board to travel with. I'm 80kg intermediate sailor looking to progress on jumping and wave riding.
I own two boards: 94lts Starboard Kode Freewave and 80lts Starboard UltraKode. The sails are out of discussion, they will be 4.7 and 4.2.
But which of the two board pack? (travelling with the two is no-no). The 94lts FSW was fine but a bit big for Jericoacoara, the 80lts was perfect in CapeTown last February. But what about Icaraizinho?

Any help very appreciated!

gasppol
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Icaraizinho, Brazil (in october)

Post by gasppol » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Self report!

Finally I choose to travel with my Starboard UltraKode 80, 4.7 and 4.2.
The place was awesome. Is not a wave spot definitely but a very good freestyle and bump and jump one. Of the 16 days there, I sailed 12 with my 4.7, two with the 4.2, and the other two of them the wind was light and I used a 95 FSW of a friend with the 4.7 for blasting.
The other people most common sail was 4.7 and the boards range in the water 78 to 120 lts. The bigger ones came from ClubVento rental.

The most crowded days we where around 8 to 10 sailors. Most of the days we where only four.
The best place to sail is "The Spot", where the bay opens up and there is a reef that make a very fun wave. The jumping is starboard tack. The tides change a lot, and the spot is very tide dependent. WindGuru did not predict the wind well, so you just go to the beach and check.

All days where sunny, and when some clouds or showers came up, they only stay for an hour or so.

I will return, no doubt.