Monday 29th June

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
BillG
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 100 times

Monday 29th June

Post by BillG » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Had to give Sunday a miss, so I was looking forward to a good sail today. Went to Jolliffe road as it was almost westerly and a reasonable wave forecast. For once it was not a disappointment, everything seemed to go right!

Sailed from 10.30 - 2 whereupon my arms and legs gave up and I had to call it a day. 3.4 Taka and Moo 66L were perfect all day (4.7 - 4.2 for most) and the best waves I've had for a while. Some epic jumps and you could go frontside on the waves without too much trouble.

There are a couple of buoys on the outside that must be from lobster pots on a reef and the waves were smoothing out and jacking up making for some lovely gybing.

5 on the Skunkatron!

I'm pleased with the new harness (despite the price), Saturdays backache was a coincidence.

Duncan Adam
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Monday 29th June

Post by Duncan Adam » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Weston-super-Mare for a bit of bump and jump, quite gusty but went out with 4.2m and my Shaman 96ltr, just about right.

Need to get my wave fitness up as it seemed to be hard work during the session.

Hazzabee
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Hazzabee » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Nuking Hove 4.2 then 3.7 on 77L
Less sun but better waves then yesterday. Some of the bigger sets were breaking a long way out back off the pipe and well overhead.
Annoyingly the early rig change and a subsequent brief lull sapped a lot of my energy and consequently I sailed like a tit but still hooked into a few goodies.
More of the usual crew out than yesterday. Finished the session with a one piece :lol: easily separated by said crew thanks :-). Now wrecked. But the forecast does not relent :shock:

Jeff
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Jeff » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm

Hove 3.7/78.

Wowser, that was windy at times and some pretty monstrous waves out the back. Packed up at about 1330 when I think it even went up another notch, could barely get the board back in the car.

DaveMac
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by DaveMac » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Good to read the reports so far.....mention of a one piece makes me smile...
I couldn't get out until after 3pm and had written things off before the bright idea of Sea Lanes for high tide popped in. Determined domestic negotiation ensued and the result was I got there about 5pm. The traffic and view from the road at Lancing was not encouraging but what joy to see the swell at Sea Lanes. Had a great hour plus with my 4.0, so much better than yesterday. About five windsurfers in total through that time versus a few more kites being very competent but still unpredictable to my untrained eye. Scores an easy 4 and would be a 5 if I had had more time. Happy days. Really glad I got off the sofa.

Charlie W
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by Charlie W » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:07 pm

10 'till 6 another super 4.7/90 sesh at Southbourne. 15-20 of us out again throughout day (+5 Danglers getting in the way at the end). First 2 hours in the morning was best when it was wsw, more x-shore, with best waves. Some sick shit going down from the boys. I was on the water 6.5 hours. Nuts. Mid-way ruddy £400 carbon Unifiber boom broke just landing a standard rocket. Luckily other side still ok so managed to sail back in and grab a spare.