Storm Ciara Sunday 9th Feb.

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
Broken Fin
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Storm Ciara Sunday 9th Feb.

Post by Broken Fin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:52 am

THats interesting...
If I remember correct I think my thruster setup was with K4 2x Ezzys 10cm/Scorcher 20cm (or 18cm)
I should probably try a centerfin as small as 14cm , will try experimenting a bit...
Yes its a PIA with not enough volum. Gusty conditions and strong current = lang walk home....
Thanks a lot for your answer....
Northern parts of Norway is great for wsurfing. No crowded parking lots.....
Here is a small sample of the areas available...
www.visitvega.no
No swell though because of all the islands protecting the mainland. To far out to the swell for a daytrip in wintertime and definetly no beaches out there.

Jeroensurf
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jeroensurf » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Sailed Sunday in the Netherlands @Wijk aan Zee with SW winds proper sideshore would normally give nice waves but the wind was so strong that it creted so much chop in front of the waves that it was hardly rideable.
Being 94kg I started with my Withcraft V4 95 and Ezzy wave 3.7 so i bit lighter friend of me could have an hour with my 3.4 Hot KS3 that has a better high end.
After 1h 3.7 was unsailable so got my 3.4 back, sailed another 1.5h till the wind wend over the 50knots and I was too overpowered.

Today I sailed 1h at Hoek van Holland, a rare spot that works very well with west. Huge waves an nobody on the water.
Again 3,4 weather till I overtried on a wave (wave won) and I broke my mast. Cold, all by myself and nobody on the beach I called it a day.
Luckily I got a spare mast so ready for Dave who will come next sunday!

rod
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 170 times

Post by rod » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Hardcore Jeroen and Broken fin!!!

rod
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 170 times

Post by rod » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 pm

Broken Fin wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:52 am
I should probably try a centerfin as small as 14cm , will
Just looked at my board. My centre fin is actually 14.5cm and the sides are 13cm. So got that wrong on the previous post.

Nearly equal sizes definitely helps a lot with control. It is a little bit slidey on the top turn when really powered up, but manageable.