8th October

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
DaveMac
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 35 times

8th October

Post by DaveMac » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Carats Hove."The usual suspects :lol: "
6.1 with 106.
5.3 with 106
5.3 with 94l supermini
4.5 with 94. Most of the session on this.
Returned to the beach when the wind dropped down and shorebreak got meaty.
Some big swell rolling in but I'm not the person best to judge how good. An interesting/awkward but enjoyable session with a gusty wind.
Started at 2.30 - it went steadily from nothing to a maximum of nearly 35mph, direction swung about too. Finished at 5.30 with some good looking waves and sunshine, and a wind shadow and dump ready to eat you.
Looks like more wind to come.
Last edited by DaveMac on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smidge
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: 8th October

Post by Smidge » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Hayling 12-2 on 5.7 and 103. Awesome session for me as a beginner in waves. Nice sets forming way out every so often and running almost to the beach if you got lucky, although more like steep swells than breaking waves most of the time, but with wind nicely across them. Lost count of my rudimentary turns on one wave. Best wave type sailing session Ive had (not saying much). I had more or less lost interest in wave sailing as i was never getting out when the conditions were right, and then today has changed all that (ironically i just sold my big wave board and was on my wifes old fsw kode).

Ruaraidh_K257
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Ruaraidh_K257 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:34 pm

Crossapol. Again...

Waist to logo to - over - mast high, dead cross shore.

Started off the day stacked and also horrifically underpowered on 3.0; it was extremely gusty. Had some super fun waves but also some rather less fun swims as I sank in the impact zone with no power.

WD crew arrived as I changed to 3.3. Tris broke his board again - this time permanently, he now has a two piece board - so was sailing an old Goya One FSW. Testament to this guys sick skills; it never once held him back and he smacked massive lips with his usual explosive style. Gav, Willy and the rest of the WD crew but Dad and the other usual suspects were also smashing it.

As the day went on I changed up to 4.0 which left me super overpowered on the wave face but meant I wasn’t left wallowing in the lulls with a mast high dumpster about to unload on top of me. Sailed until my hands bled, then sailed some more and finally called it a day. It’s the same forecast for tomorrow but I’m thinking of taking a rest day as I’m worried I’ll wear my hands down to the bone :lol:

The forecast for the Classic next week is looking shite. I’m very excited as when it comes to high quality conditions I can still sail well but so can everyone else... when it’s rubbish I’m the only one light enough to plane hahah :lol:
16, Scottish wavesailor, sponsored by - Neil Pryde, JP Australia, K4Fins, Wild Diamond Tiree

BTB
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by BTB » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:12 am

Ruaraidh_K257 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:34 pm
Crossapol. Again...

Waist to logo to - over - mast high, dead cross shore.

Started off the day stacked and also horrifically underpowered on 3.0; it was extremely gusty. Had some super fun waves but also some rather less fun swims as I sank in the impact zone with no power.

WD crew arrived as I changed to 3.3. Tris broke his board again - this time permanently, he now has a two piece board - so was sailing an old Goya One FSW. Testament to this guys sick skills; it never once held him back and he smacked massive lips with his usual explosive style. Gav, Willy and the rest of the WD crew but Dad and the other usual suspects were also smashing it.

As the day went on I changed up to 4.0 which left me super overpowered on the wave face but meant I wasn’t left wallowing in the lulls with a mast high dumpster about to unload on top of me. Sailed until my hands bled, then sailed some more and finally called it a day. It’s the same forecast for tomorrow but I’m thinking of taking a rest day as I’m worried I’ll wear my hands down to the bone :lol:

The forecast for the Classic next week is looking shite. I’m very excited as when it comes to high quality conditions I can still sail well but so can everyone else... when it’s rubbish I’m the only one light enough to plane hahah :lol:
Spotted some photos on facebook including a skinny looking lad on a Combat sail. Looked a great day.