Friday 12th April

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
BillG
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 20 times

Friday 12th April

Post by BillG » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm

The Maze, Tiree. Wind cross off from the left, 13 second wave period and only 8 degrees. Arrived at 11.30 just as the tide started going out. Scotty McDowell had rigged a 5 and Ruaraidh k257 had rigged 4.0 so went with my 4.1 Taka 2.

We all sailed round the headland to the south of the Maze which is a bit nerve racking in an off shore wind but we made it round ok.

Really nice waves (when you picked the right one), not too munching thankfully as I haven't sailed this tack since last simmer in Tiree. Mike Archer joined us and he and Scotty were going for backies and forwards which must have been tricky in the off shore, gusty wind. Ruaraidh was getting some good turns on the waves as usual.

I called it a day after 2 hours when I started making mistakes and I need to save some energy for the next 5 days (3.4 weather or more forecast). Everybody else stayed out and The Wild Diamond crew turned up as well, almost crowded.

Carrying my kit back to the car nearly killed me, getting old! Still what a way to go.