Thursday 19th November

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
Jeff
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Thursday 19th November

Post by Jeff »

Tricky one today, as per Toto's post last night, which I missed, Bracks/Witterings probably good this morning. Headed instead for the usual Hove Industrial Zone.

Waves looked good but wind cross/cross off and gusty so went big with 5.7/105; was initially thinking I was an idiot for not going with a foil, but got spectacularly taken out by first wave I met, so quite grateful to only have a max draft of 22cm rather than a thousand £'s worth of metal as a keel. Emptied head of water and regrouped for a good session 7 -10am, with a few moments of sunny dtl glory. 1 wing, 1 kite out; impressed with wing, coping with chunky waves really well.
Charlie W
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Thursday 19th November

Post by Charlie W »

KBay Ledges 9 'till 12 pretty good logo high sunny x-shore-ish in the chill NW'ly. 5.3 was good to start but soon needed 5.9 so changed up only for it to then pick up to 4.7 level lol...NOT in the forecast. About 10 of us including Timo with the fancy Truck (same personal No. Plate as Van!)...Martin and Neil fully ripping on 4.7/96 & 5.0/95 - need to get that 97 Pocket Wave.
toto
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Thursday 19th November

Post by toto »

Bracklesham was great yesterday morning, it was sunny, 5.5m weather almost cross shore and some nice rideable shoulder high DTL lines coming through in the first hour couple of hours after dawn. It definitely seems to pick up more swell than the Hove – Worthing stretch, the beach facing SWerly I guess helps too. The ground swell definitely diminished by 9.30am, per the forecast, though there were still some good ramps to hit.

I had worried that I might be only one sailing, being mid week and such an early launch. I needn’t have, I counted around 20 windsurfers (and a stray kite)