Bought an Fanatic+echo, a new journey :)

Foiling related talk in here
Jeroensurf
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Bought an Fanatic+echo, a new journey :)

Post by Jeroensurf »

Cool!
The feel of riding bumps is something that is almost incomparable.

Demo:
The shop says the Quatro and Naish should be here in aprox 2weeks.
Keep you posted.
Jeroensurf
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jeroensurf »

The new boards haven,t arrived but the Duotone slick does and I was able to try it today :)
a friend of me who has a shop brought the 4+5m slick with him to try so we had the slicks, my 5m Smik, the Echo, Unit and a new Gong wing on the water.
The Gong: not my cup of tea. looks really neat but jerky without forward drive.
Echo4m: I sold my 6m because I don,t like the V shape that makes it roll when surfing.
Unit4m: really like it, but the handles are covered with EVAS foam making them too thick for my liking. Ad the handles of the starboard and it is probably the best wing you can buy imo but also the one with the least amount of power.
My Smik5m: it is one of my favorite wings so far. powerfull but with a bit of give/comfort and very light in weight+ how it behaves. awesome wing to surf.

And then the 4+5m Slick.
the 5m slick is super rigid. I don,t know how they did it, but it feels almost solid, think full cam racesail kinda solid without the loos leech.
Besides that it is really powerfull. The 4m felt as powerful as my 5m smik and the 5m Slick like 0.7 size up.
We didnt have any waves today, just a few bumps to ride and there it behaves really well although the front handle could be wider, it fly,s and ride waves way more like the Unit that is very neutral as the Echo that rolls like hell.
Personally I like a wing with more comfort, Duotone says on the website that you can use it with 1 psi less for more comfort , so maybe that suits me better, but those who like raw rigid power wil be blown away by it.

Smik5m
SLICK 4+5

just the two of us lalalala

btw: the first 25min i didn drop in and was flying through all my jibes 8-),
Found today the trick to wing out, jibe on a wave and instantly start riding it....almost felt like one of those cheating teabags that do that all the time :mrgreen:
ronnie
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by ronnie »

A look at the carbon boom of the Slick.