Who’s the best wavesailor on the planet?

Wave-head specific stuff in here
ronnie
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Who’s the best wavesailor on the planet?

Post by ronnie » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:22 pm

James.blonde wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:49 am
The Redbull Storm Chase speaks volumes for the Traversa versus Brawzinho argument.
I thought Traversa's size would be a disadvantage in the Storm Chase, but he has taken educated risks in new locations so often that his courage level is higher on something like the Storm Chase - plus, he can size up the situation and read new waves very well from his travelling to so many wild wave spots.
I hope he continues his travels as long as he can and survives to tell his grandchildren the tales.

BTB
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BTB » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 pm

ronnie wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:22 pm
James.blonde wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:49 am
The Redbull Storm Chase speaks volumes for the Traversa versus Brawzinho argument.
I thought Traversa's size would be a disadvantage in the Storm Chase, but he has taken educated risks in new locations so often that his courage level is higher on something like the Storm Chase - plus, he can size up the situation and read new waves very well from his travelling to so many wild wave spots.
I hope he continues his travels as long as he can and survives to tell his grandchildren the tales.
Fully agree, the world of wave sailing revolves around a few specific contest spots like Pozo and Maui as the spiritual home. There is so much more out there and they are all so different. The real skill is sailing at 10 different spots and being good in them all as oposed to 2 or 3 and nailing them.

Ruaraidh_K257
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Ruaraidh_K257 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:07 pm

That’s a good point BTB.

I haven’t seen Braw sailing any new spots. So I guess that’s what we need to see to put this argument to rest :P

(Just to clarify, I don’t think TT is a bad sailor or anything. Thomas is one of the ballsiest windsurfers on earth and one of the raddest guys out there. But I remain convinced that Brawzinho is just a tiny bit more all round talented :roll: )
16, Scottish wavesailor, sponsored by - Neil Pryde, JP Australia, K4Fins, Wild Diamond Tiree