What’s your longest time in the air?

Chat about stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories here.
FKPhil
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

What’s your longest time in the air?

Post by FKPhil » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:02 am

Not bad jumping conditions yesterday.
Managed a particularly good one even though it did feel close to shoulder dislocation when I landed.
But being realistic about my jejune windsurfing skills it was probably only about 1.5 seconds air time. :D
Can anyone better that?

PK1111
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: What’s your longest time in the air?

Post by PK1111 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:13 pm

12 hours to Singapore and LA.
Pretty sure someone can beat that though.... :P

Seriously though, get a helmet cam, and then watch the footage to get an idea of our jumping time. It’s pretty pathetic.
Mind you, I often sail at Worthing where the local kiters have enough “hang” time to take a selfie, post on t’internet, call their mum, and arrange apres session drinks at the Blue Oyster.
I’m not envious......

Hazzabee
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Hazzabee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:41 pm

ISTR a Boardseeker competition in which the longest by the pros was something like 4.5 seconds.

Anything approaching 1 second and I sh*t myself :oops:

Ruaraidh_K257
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Ruaraidh_K257 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:17 pm

High jumping is not something I’m especially comfortable with, but I try to push myself when the conditions feel right. I think 3 seconds might’ve been the absolute max I got during one absolutely nuking day a few days before last year’s Tiree Wave Classic... but I spent at least 50% of that flying through the air without my kit!

But it was probably only a half second... it’s easy to overestimate these things in the moment 😂😂

So long as the water’s warm and it’s not busy, jumping really high and then letting go is great fun 😂
16, Scottish wavesailor, sponsored by - Neil Pryde, JP Australia, K4Fins, Wild Diamond Tiree