Covid vaccine

Chat about stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories here.
James.blonde
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by James.blonde »

Germany and Canada have now stopped giving astrazenica to under 60s. Due to 1 in 100 000 risks of bloodclots especially in women. All over reliable news sources fir last 24 hours. Rueters ect. Doesn't make BBC news at all. The original stats for Europe said 1 in 1 mil but this has now changed.
They just keep saying get jabbed its safe.
Please look into this for yourself and weigh up your personal risks to this virus. 50% of people won't have any symptoms at all, 99 % of seriously ill have now been jabbed.

Now waiting for backlash. ;)
K-215
Been liked: 11 times

Post by K-215 »

I leave S Africa today en route to the Dom Rep (no PCR reqd) for 2 weeks. That will obviate the need for 10 days in a Heathrow Prison.
When I get back to the UK, I will book the jab.
Personally and partly due to my age, I have no opinion on which one I have.
I want to be away again for the winter come Oct 1st and I'm fairly confident that we will not be travelling to most countries without a vaccination Certificate or some digital version thereof.
tim319
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by tim319 »

If you're worried about blood clots you should get the jab, as the virus itself is far more likely to give you them than the vaccine.

I'm having my 2nd AZ jab today. It's an extremely good vaccine.
Hazzabee
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Hazzabee »

James.blonde wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:38 am Germany and Canada have now stopped giving astrazenica to under 60s. Due to 1 in 100 000 risks of bloodclots especially in women. All over reliable news sources fir last 24 hours. Rueters ect. Doesn't make BBC news at all. The original stats for Europe said 1 in 1 mil but this has now changed.
Please look into this for yourself and weigh up your personal risks to this virus. 50% of people won't have any symptoms at all, 99 % of seriously ill have now been jabbed.

This is the (pre-print) study which has raised the alarm.
https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-362354/v1
The authors disclose conflicts of interest, including personal fees from Pfizer
ronnie
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by ronnie »

tim319 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:20 am If you're worried about blood clots you should get the jab, as the virus itself is far more likely to give you them than the vaccine.

I'm having my 2nd AZ jab today. It's an extremely good vaccine.
A medical report on 'sticky blood' caused by Covid.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... icky-blood

That was from 29th May 2020. They have made some progress in treating patients since then - in particular reducing the inflammation of he lungs by the immune system.
BTB
Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by BTB »

James.blonde wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:38 am Germany and Canada have now stopped giving astrazenica to under 60s. Due to 1 in 100 000 risks of bloodclots especially in women. All over reliable news sources fir last 24 hours. Rueters ect. Doesn't make BBC news at all. The original stats for Europe said 1 in 1 mil but this has now changed.

You say 'please look in to this yourself' - Any reputable source would tell you to get a vaccination. If you mean ignore all reputable sources and consult the BS on the internet i would strongly advise against that. There are far too many idiots out there who think they know better on the back of watching 10mins of you tube. Don't be one of them and don't encourage others down that road.
PhilN
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by PhilN »

Published 12 hours ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56580728

Germany is suspending routine use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine for people aged below 60 because of a risk of rare blood clots.

The German medicines regulator found 31 cases of a type of rare blood clot among the nearly 2.7 million people who had received the vaccine in Germany.
PhilN
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by PhilN »

BTB wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:23 am

You say 'please look in to this yourself' - Any reputable source would tell you to get a vaccination. If you mean ignore all reputable sources and consult the BS on the internet i would strongly advise against that. There are far too many idiots out there who think they know better on the back of watching 10mins of you tube. Don't be one of them and don't encourage others down that road.
Yeah, he said 'please look in to this yourself' so I did and its reported on the BBC website when James said it wasn't. It didnt make the 'front page' of the BBCs website.
If people pass this virus on when they dont have symptoms then there is a greater risk of this virus carrying on and mutating, become worse. If the vaccine helps stop that (I haven't read the latest on that), then thats a good thing.
rod
Has liked: 343 times
Been liked: 214 times

Post by rod »

I think a lot of people are going to feel like James, esp younger people for whom the risk is minimal anyway, and who possibly have more distrust of the state and the handling of the Pandemic (remember ostensibly they were locked down to protect the older and wealthier generation, and in the long run it is they who will pay for the cost to the economy).

The result of this (and the slow pace of vaccines elsewhere) will surely mean the Pandemic continues for at least another year in abated form... Historically most pandemics have 3 waves...
rod
Has liked: 343 times
Been liked: 214 times

Post by rod »

The use of vaccination passports (which will happen at some level) will also probably exacerbate the divisive situation we are entering.

The default mode of coercion that is currently being used, whether to curb protests, use vaccine passports, lock people down who are at low risk is straight out of China's play book.