Covid vaccine

Chat about stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories here.
BillG
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 146 times

Covid vaccine

Post by BillG »

I'm having my 1st jab tomorrow morning. Anyone else been done?
Randy
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by Randy »

Got mine on the 19th. No side effects.
DavidA
Been liked: 27 times

Post by DavidA »

Blood hell Bill that was quick. I think I am down at 7 or 8 th on the list so not expecting it until May.
Distinctly Average
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Distinctly Average »

Being under 50 and healthy I am probably last on the list and rightly so. Having said that living with a nurse who is working as a vaccinator as well as having a daughter working as a care worker of the elderly I am at higher risk of catching the bloody virus. My other daughter is still at school studying A levels and they have had a few cases too.

Not that I can get out of the front door at the moment as after pinging a back muscle I walk like I need a zimmer.

Being that I am under 50 with quite a way to go, why are fecking sun life sending me one or two letters a week trying to flog me over fifties life insurance?
BillG

Post by BillG »

DavidA wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:49 pm Blood hell Bill that was quick. I think I am down at 7 or 8 th on the list so not expecting it until May.
I wasn't expecting it until March. They must be getting on well in London to get to us junior Gerri's (68) so soon!
BillG

Post by BillG »

Distinctly Average wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:22 pm Being under 50 and healthy I am probably last on the list and rightly so. Having said that living with a nurse who is working as a vaccinator as well as having a daughter working as a care worker of the elderly I am at higher risk of catching the bloody virus. My other daughter is still at school studying A levels and they have had a few cases too.

Not that I can get out of the front door at the moment as after pinging a back muscle I walk like I need a zimmer.

Being that I am under 50 with quite a way to go, why are fecking sun life sending me one or two letters a week trying to flog me over fifties life insurance?
We are in a similar boat. 3 sons in their 20's at home. Going out for 'socially distanced' walks (?) with friends and girl friends.

I keep getting ads for Luxury retirement apartments overlooking Clapham common and Battersea park @ £1000000 ea. As if, I'd have moved to Maui!
pem
Been liked: 1 time

Post by pem »

Well I'm 70, live in South West London and not a clue when I'll be called. That's fine this general indicator website shows early February anyway https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk. I last sailed Boxing Day at Hayling Island.
DaveMac
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by DaveMac »

Distinctly Average wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:22 pm Not that I can get out of the front door at the moment as after pinging a back muscle I walk like I need a zimmer.
Some one has hacked your webcam :lol: :lol:

(Get well soon DA.....at least its not midsummer)
BillG

Post by BillG »

pem wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:42 pm Well I'm 70, live in South West London and not a clue when I'll be called. That's fine this general indicator website shows early February anyway https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk. I last sailed Boxing Day at Hayling Island.
I'm in Balham. Everybody in the queue looked older than me but I always think that!
Sailrepair
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Sailrepair »

I had the vaccine last Wednesday.

Slightly sore arm but not enough to stop me sailing in 30 kts the next day.